Friday, March 26, 2010

alternate route

I'm surprised I was brought to such a vituperous state by the conclusion of my previous entry. I've always had a kind of naive, immediate reaction to excremental obscenity. I seldom use it and am usually put off by others' use.

I might have rewritten the post, but I really liked the structure (spontaneously created) of employing the timeworn "whore" metaphor, withdrawing it, and promptly comparing our political leaders to something almost universally accepted as loathsome, foul.

You see what kind of person I am? I take account of the possibility that some human culture exists in which shit is not the very bottom of existence, and even leave a little space to ease the pain of the passing scatophile. And I still couldn't convince myself it was over the top to compare our ruling class to shit.

Firedoglake post of the day: Alternate route to calamity.

No comments:

Post a Comment