Thursday, January 27, 2011

o well

> sO I'm giving up on my attempts to understand President O. I joined the ranks of the many exhausted when the midterm elections showed pretty much what we expected them to show, that the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity. And the best weren't so hot to begin with.
I think I understand him now all too well... he's not the man we need/ed and hope/d we were getting. Some jerky jackasses may want to think that we projected this necessity onto Obama because of his blackness, but I reject that. It wasn't unreasonable to hope that the man who said the things he said during the campaign would do those things and others that we/I think are urgently needed.
I notice that I skip a step in thinking about this. I didn't get what I hope/vote/d for - I accept that. My worst fears for where the country is going seem to be materializing - and I'm starting to figure out what I'm capable of doing about it, knowing that if I was ever capable of doing this, I'm just too old for it now.
That middle step - that I was fooled, duped, was out-and-out stupid to believe - that's the one I try to jump over.

No comments:

Post a Comment