Thursday, May 27, 2010

meanwhile

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to get off the political tip for a while. I could go on and on with my loathing for the Repuds and my contempt for the Dems, but I'm just one more poor shlep. For the actual news of the day, follow Firedoglake. I'll hang around here and cultivate my garden.
I think we're in for a bad time ahead. Probably followed by even worse.

PS - I want to write something about Obama without writing a million words about him. I'm greatly disappointed by him, as I feared I would be even as I voted for him. We need(ed) an FDR. We got just another corporate guy.
There's a tendency on the blogs to say Hillary would have been better. Uh-uh. Neither Hillary not Edwards would have been any better, and possibly worse. The Democratic Party is useless, the Republican Party is toxic, the US government is broken. The bad guys have won, the corporations are running things, capital is mightier than the constitution. I fear we're headed into a time of bad repression - which will only be abated by truly radical thought and means. Autonomy in the USA, it's coming sometime and maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment